Raising a child in today’s
Featuring Guest Speaker
Dennis Fetting, Homeland Security Investigations
Monday, May 1, 2017, 6:00 pm
This content is not appropriate for children or teenagers.
Parents only, please.
- Check out the latest Ellis gear at https://squareup.com/store/ellisspiritwear
Parent Resources for TNReady
The TN Department of Education has developed an updated Parent Guide to Being TNReady for the 2016-17 school year (download here) and a supplemental Guide on TNReady Supports for Students with Disabilities (download here). They also have a one-page handout (here) that explains the high level role of assessments and a new FAQ webpage (here) that provides additional information for parents and teachers.
Ellis is on Instagram! @EllisMiddleSchoolCougars
Robert E. Ellis Middle School (est.1994) is a community of students, parents, and teachers where students have authentic learning experiences to grow academically, socially, and as citizens with responsibilities to our community and one another.
To provide a collaborative school community where students receive quality instruction by exemplary leadership and staff and are supported by shared resources.
A collaborative culture at Ellis Middle School is--
- created by supportive relationships among students, parents, teachers and the community, and
- maintained by working as a team, involving and inviting different thoughts and opinions, and engaging in active problem solving.
Shared resources at Ellis Middle School are--
- sought after and utilized so that students have full access to relevant learning experiences,
- protected so that teachers are given time and research-based materials to work with students, and
- appreciated so that our community sees an inviting campus seeking to represent the needs and values of our students and parents.
Quality instruction at Ellis Middle School is--
- evident by structured learning environments of students who are actively engaged in a variety of activities, tasks, and
- planned by exemplary teachers focused on goals relevant to each student's future.
Leadership at Ellis Middle School is--
- the collective work of students, parents, teachers, and staff taking pride and ownership in the responsibility and success of the school through
- communicating with mutual respect and
- student-focused and always by example.